Monday, March 21, 2011

Heath for Japan



Leave it to Heath Ceramics to be beautiful and conscious at the same time. Now through March 24th Heath is donating 25% of all sales to Architecture for Humanity's relief efforts in Japan.

I need more Heath like I need another excuse to eat cheese right now, but nevertheless I find myself called to add one more piece to my collection which started 7 years ago on a walk through San Francisco's design district. It was Sky's and my first trip together; I saw some pieces in a design store, and I knew that's what I wanted for my own home. I bought a lone linen ramekin (not even the set shown here)
as a beginning. A few pieces were added over the next few years, and when it was time to register for wedding gifts, Heath took up a big part of that list. The ramekins have friends now. I digress.

Heath is beautiful, timeless, elegant and every-day friendly all at once. If you've been wanting to give yourself or someone else a gift, now could be a really good time to buy
that casserole
or pitcher
or serving bowl (this one from their stunning winter seasonal collection)
Or creamer/sugar set---one of my favorites. I have them in linen after one of my favorite restaurants, Axe, which is sadly no longer with us.
or one of these cutting boards (oh how I covet these)
Online or in-store and just for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment