Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Post I Forgot to Title


I meant it when I said I have 14 posts in my head. Now that I'm sitting here it's boggling trying to decide what to write. The past 2 months were really big--wonderful and so challenging and all new. The short version is I never felt I made the wrong decision in deciding to work for a couple of months, and the play went BEAUTIFULLY and Luciana is incredible. Right alongside that I'll say there were days I just didn't know how I was going to get through.

Some of what I learned is this:

I really can trust how much my baby loves me. It's not to be underestimated, the potential of those little hearts to hold huge love.

It doesn't matter how tired I am if I can get present: when I get present there is enough energy, whether that's to do a show or play with my girl or soothe her in the middle of the night. It's when I start worrying that I won't have enough energy that I'm screwed.

It really helps to remember what I have no power over: her mood, traffic, my own feelings to name a few. When I accept what is I can do my best to find a response that makes me proud.

I still suck at napping and building rest into my days. Pretending I'm Superwoman seems to be a favorite pasttime.

Ok my internet just went down for a good while during which I made some killer chocolate chip cookies for a shower on Saturday. Now it's bedtime which I need to keep because Luciana is teething and has a little virus and is up about every half hour--that's a record in this household. We may be in for a long night so this mama is getting into bed. See you soon.


Hello, crown chakra:)

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful kissable head!!

    now i want to make some chocolate chip cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree!!!!! try not to make the cookies when the babe is waking up every 30 minutes--makes getting them out of the oven rather hard:)

    ReplyDelete