Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Note to Self

This is the header for my friend Juliana's new blog. Remember that Hall and Oates photo? That would be Juliana. (Jules, I had to.)
A) you should check it out because she is the best esthetician you will ever find. B) she inspired this post

She actually had this up on her mirror for quite some time which got me thinking.....
This lovely lady has gotten a lot of attention lately---seen her up on several blogs, and even before I saw her there this same Juliana had sent me her link.

The post-it thing could kind of work the same way. Not in the Stuart Smalley way (SNL watchers are you out there?), I know affirmations can seem totally cheeze. I've tried standing in the mirror talking to myself and I just ended up laughing. But I think there's really some correlation between the way you talk to yourself and the way you feel, and then how your day goes. If your running tape is
I'M FAT
I CAN'T
THEY DON'T
IT'LL NEVER
try having a happy blissful day. It's hard.
For more evidence of thoughts affecting reality peek at this.

What if the post-it was there to remind us to be sweeties to ourselves....So every time you look in the mirror or get in your car or open the fridge there's a little nudge to believe in that thing or stand for that quality or make that change you said was so important. It's said beliefs are just thoughts you think over and over again. So if you're looking at your note umpteen times a day that's umpteen times you have a chance to think that. It could end up you believe it. Which will probably make you act differently, which will probably make very different things start to happen in your life.

It could be cheeky:
YOU HAVE A NECTARINE BOOTY
I aspire to this. I want one. But when I forget I want one I forget to do extra booty-lifting things at the gym.

It could be deep:
LOVE EVERYTHING
I was reminded here yesterday that we learn to love by being shown love. I just loved reading that. And we also get what we give, so can't hurt to dish it out in huge quantities

It could be specific, tailored to something in your life you are playing big for:
YOUR BODY IS HEALED
YOUR KIDS ARE COMING
I like that one.

Your turn. That's what the comment box below is for. I'm waiting.



4 comments:

  1. I love that Juliana has a blog and I love that it says You Are Super Pretty. That woman rocks. I am pet sitting, so, for some reason, this computer is letting me post to your blog. Time for me to get a Mac already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your challenging me, which is good. I have a very negative loop going right now.

    BE GRATEFUL
    YOU ARE DOING WHAT YOU LOVE
    YOU HAVE A STRONG, LEAN BODY
    SMILE

    I think I might make myself some creative notes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those!!! thanks for sharing them. i'm believing them for you too:)

    ReplyDelete